Saturday 6 November 2010

The Simple Things In Life.

During the last few days, I have spent some time just enjoying the simple things in life. I have discovered that it really does not take much for me to be happy. I just enjoy being out and about in this wonderful world that we live in.

Yesterday I went to the Rose Garden in Rymill Park Adelaide. It was a beautiful warm late spring day. The sky was a clear blue, not a cloud in sight. For the first time in years we have had good winter rains, so all the trees and plants are looking really vibrant.The Rose Garden was a mass of colour and the perfume in the air was just delicious! So I really did stop to smell the Roses!

Here is a picture of Playford Lake in the Belair National Park. I spent a very tranquil couple of hours here, just wandering around and enjoying the scenery. Of course having my camera with me made the trip even more enjoyable and gave me a good excuse to just sit and watch the Ducks, Moorhens and Dragonflies in hopes of getting that really good shot that all photographers want. I went home with some pics that I was happy with. 
I saw a fresh water turtle pottering around just under the surface of the water. He was too far away for me to take his photo, but I was pleased to see him all the same. 

I suppose what I am saying today is: no matter how busy and complicated life seems, it is really important to stop and savour the simple things in life. Think about what really makes us happy; what and who are really important to us. Here's an idea; how about letting go of all the rubbish that we really do not need and just take some time to "smell the Roses"? What would happen then?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment