Sunday 18 November 2012

Sunday Musings - Recharging my batteries

Brighton Beach South Australia
This morning when I awoke, I decided on a whim to go to the beach for an early morning walk. The nearest beach from my home is about 25 minutes drive away at Brighton. 

Now I don't mean Brighton UK, I mean Brighton near Adelaide in South Australia. Not as large or as historical as the UK one, but nice all the same.


I've got it!
There were quite a few other people there too, enjoying the early morning, fresh air and the sea. Walking, jogging, swimming and playing with their dogs. A lovely way to start a Sunday.

Sunday is a good day for recharging your batteries. To relax and have some fun, ready for the next busy week.

It can be a time to get away from the computer, ipad and even the phone. Yes, it is possible to have a day without these things. To have a day when you switch everything off and do something different.

So give yourself a break from technology. After all, those of us that lived before mobile phones, computers etc were invented lived quite well without them. 

My suggestion for today is: get out into the fresh air and enjoy the beauty that nature provides. You will be glad, like me, that you did.

Hilary Thompson
The Out and About Therapist
Facilitator at Flourishing Relationships Retreats

1 comment:

  1. Great suggestion. Leaving the mobile behind sounds delightful. Think I should give myself permission to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete