Friday 19 August 2011

Worry Warts of the World Unite!



A Picture to Worry About!
 I, like so many people have had lots and lots of practice     during my life time in the art of worrying. Growing up I worried about my school work. I worried about failing exams, upsetting my parents, getting a job, everything something. As an adult I continued to worry about all sorts of things, including my job, money, relationships, what was happening to other people; you name it, I worried about it. In fact I became so good at worrying, I became an expert.

Now becoming expert in something is usually a good thing, but becoming expert in worrying is not productive. Worry can keep you awake at night; make you irritable and difficult to live with. It can derail your relationships and stop you from achieving your goals.  I am sure that most people can think of times when worry has stopped them from doing what they wanted to do, or distracted them from focusing on important parts of their lives.

Let us look at worrying logically. Here are some questions to consider:
  1. What can you gain by worrying? In other words, what is the payoff?
  2. How does worrying help your self or other people?
  3. How does worrying make you feel?

Here are my thoughts in response to these questions, you may of course respond differently.

  1. When thinking about the first question, I have to say that the only payoff for me would be that I was getting attention from the person that was listening to me worrying. Actually, I can get the attention that I need from people in lots of better ways. I do not have to use worry.
  2. Thinking about the second question; worry has never helped me achieve my goals in life. And my worrying has never been helpful to anyone else either.
  3. As to the third question: Worrying always makes me feel bad. It depletes my energy; creates anxiety, can make me feel powerless and generally stresses me out. This is not a healthy way to be!

Worry Warrior
I have a choice here. I can continue to be a Worry Wart, or I can choose to give up worrying and become a Worry Warrior!
I have chosen to be a Worry Warrior.                                                                                                                                
For years we have been told that we are fighting a “War on Want” and a “War on Terror” etc., so:
I now declare a “War on Worry”!
Join me in becoming a Worry Warrior and choose to stop worrying. Encourage all the people that you know to also stop worrying and become Worry Warriors. Let’s recruit a whole army of people who no longer worry and live happier lives.  Wow! That would be just awesome!
Affirmation Book
To help everyone to stop worrying, I have created a little book called “How to Tame the Monkey in Your Mind”. My book explains how using affirmations can help you to stop worrying and how to create affirmations yourself.  The first section of the book has a selection of Affirmations that I have found useful; with pictures to help change negative and worrying thought patterns into helpful and productive thoughts. The second part of the book has blank spaces where you can write in your own affirmations.
Crystal Kaleidoscope
Here is an example of the pictures used in the book;
each picture is unique as I created the patterns from my photographs.

To order a book please go to my web site: www.theoutandabouttherapist.com .
Buy two copies and receive a set of Affirmation Cards as a gift.

Question: Does it worry you that the picture below has no relevance to this blog?

Pomegranate Tryptich 
       

        

Did you answer Yes? Then stop worrying because it has no relevance what so ever!
Did you answer No? Then you too are a Worry Warrior. 





My Christmas Gifts and Cards catalogue is now available; more items will be added over time. Go to www.zazzle.com.au/HilaryFran and check it out.
My Store can also be accessed through my web site: www.theoutandabouttherapist.com
along with my other services including on-line coaching via Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment