Wednesday 28 December 2011

The Lesson of the Giant Amazon Water Lily

A couple of Sundays ago, I decided to visit one of my favourite places in Adelaide. The Botanic Gardens. It was some weeks since I had been there, so I anticipated seeing some beautiful summer flowers.
Ballerina Rose/
Hilary Thompson
I arrived at the Gardens not long after they had opened for the day. It was a lovely cool morning and not many people were there. First thing that I did was visit the Rose Garden, where as usual there were some beautiful blooms for me to photograph. 




Blue Nile Water Lily/
Hilary Thompson




My next port of call was the Amazon Water Lily Pavilion. As usual, the Blue Nile Water Lily was blooming beautifully. You can always see these lovely flowers, but I have never seen the Giant Amazon Water Lily in flower. In fact I have called into the Pavilion regularly during the last 18 months or so, in hope of seeing it in flower and I never have.
Patience and persistence on my part had finally paid off. Not only was there a white female flower, but also the pink male flower. It was such a thrill to see these lovely flowers and to be able to photograph them.


Giant Amazon Water Lily in Flower/
Hilary Thompson


So the lesson of the Giant Amazon Water Lily is: if you know what it is that you want, never give up. Just be patient and persistent. Keep on steadily working towards your Goals never minding the setbacks because patience and persistence will win out in the end. This has to be true because I finally got to see and photograph these amazing flowers. 


I love helping people achieve their Goals, can I help you achieve yours?
Hilary Thompson
The Out and About Therapist

No comments:

Post a Comment