Monday 5 November 2012

A Walk in the Forest - I have changed so you can too!

I went for a walk in the Blackwood Forest the other day. I had not been there for years. Initially it seemed just the same. The pine trees still had needles and cones on them, they were tall and straight as before and as before they still swayed in the breeze, knocking against each other - crack, crack.
A walk through the pine forest

There was still that sense of calm and peace that I always find in a pine forest and yet something had changed. 

What was it that had changed I wondered? Why did the forest feel different when it looked the same as I remembered?

I suddenly realised that it was not the forest that had changed, it was me. I had changed. 

So I sat under a tree and looked back over the last few years and thought about how I had changed. I thought about how I had let of of so much fear, let go of so many beliefs that were not serving me. Let go of so much emotional pain from the past. 

I like where I am at now. The past no longer has a hold on me. I am at peace with who I am and where my life is going.

If I can change you can too.

Hilary Thompson
The Out and About Therapist
Facilitator at Flourishing Relationships Retreat



No comments:

Post a Comment