Sunday 8 December 2013

Sunday Musings - Sisters

I grew up in the UK and left my family when I was 20 to travel through parts of Europe and Asia, ending up here in Australia, where I have lived ever since.

I have two sisters, both younger than me. As a consequence of my living in Australia on the other side of the world from them, we have not spent much time together over the last 40 years. So keeping a relationship going with them has not been easy.

Thanks to modern technology like Skype, email and Facebook we are now communicating more easily than we have ever done. 

It is rather nice to have that ability to be in contact with them now. 

Living in another part of the world from your family can feel very isolating at times. My choice of course. But through technology the world is getting to be a much smaller place and my sisters don't seem so far away. And that is really nice.

I have recently been helping one of my sisters to start blogging. Check this out it's a real hoot! http://dafedwards53.blogspot.com.au/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment