Saturday 20 July 2013

Saturday Musings - Opportunity abounds, you just have to go and find it

I consider myself very fortunate to live in Australia. Yes, we have our problems, but on the whole we are much better off than many other countries around the planet.

I have to say that I get rather fed up with all the doom and gloom put out by the Media on a regular basis telling us how bad the economy is, how difficult it is for everyone and how it can only get worse. As a result, I do not watch the TV news or read the newspapers.

It all comes back to belief. If you believe what the Media tell you, then your life will be difficult. Finding you way will be hard. 

However, there is plenty of opportunity out there it is just a matter of being open to finding it; but there are some things that you need to do:
My latest opportunity


  • Know what exactly it is that you want in your life
  • get out and meet new people and find out what they are doing. Opportunity often arises when you meet someone new
  • be open to change. Clinging on to your old habits and ways of thinking will not help you to find the opportunity that you want
  • and when an opportunity presents itself, have the courage to follow through.
  • Be prepared to ask for help. People love to help, it is a natural part of being human.
So keep your eyes and ears open. No matter how bad your situation or how much doom and gloom is publicized  There is opportunity; you just have to go out and find it.

For example: a couple of months ago I met a lady at a business networking event who introduced me to a company called Melaleuca

I followed up on that opportunity and now I am healthier, my home is healthier and I am helping the environment.
I am also able to make myself some extra income by helping others do the same. A win win all round. 

I could not have done this if I had not been open to grabbing an opportunity that presented itself and making some changes.

One more thing; ignore the naysayers in your family and friends. Sometimes those who are closest to us do not want us to change and grow. So if you have someone in your life like that, bless them and let them go. Never let them hold you back on your journey. 

Hilary Thompson
The Out and About Therapist

No comments:

Post a Comment