Saturday 9 October 2010

Reach For The Sky!

Magnolia Sky
"The Sky's the Limit" they say. "Dream Big" is another catch phrase that we hear. Well, the Athletes competing in the Commonwealth Games at the moment certainly have. To get to the games they each had to have a dream, a passion for what they do, desire , persistence, perseverance, patience and a whole bucket full of courage. 
What a great example they are to all of us.
We all need to have a dream. Something that we want to work towards, but to achieve it we need to cultivate the same qualities of the Athletes. We need to know exactly what it is that we want. We need to be passionate about it, and have a strong desire to achieve it. We need to use patience, persistence and perseverance while working towards it and we need a sense of when we want to achieve it. We also need to keep reminding ourselves of our Dream, so that when the going gets tough, we can keep our focus on where we are headed. The other important thing to remember is to enjoy the journey. We can never know which roads will lead us to our Dream, so we might as well have some fun along the way!
I think that I have just written this post as a reminder to myself.  It is an interesting journey. There are times when I really feel that I am making progress and other times when I feel like I am going nowhere. But there is no going back. I can not give up. I have to go on, no matter where the road takes me. One step at a time towards my Dream.







No comments:

Post a Comment