Saturday 16 October 2010

Looking Around Corners!!

I was sitting in the Wittunga Gardens in Blackwood the other day, enjoying some warm spring sunshine.
I was enjoying the vista and noticed how the path went around the corner, so that you could not see very far ahead. It reminded me that so many of us, myself included, try to see around the corners of our lives and consequently often drive ourselves around the bend!
Much as we would like to, we cannot see around the corner, we can only see what is straight in front of us. Trying to see around corners allows our minds to go nuts inventing all sorts of scenarios that may never happen. We can even find ourselves grieving for losses that have not yet occurred, feeling anger about situations that have not and may not  happen. Or being fearful of something that at the present time is not even there! Is it no wonder that we live in a world of stress, fear and anxiety? A world where we make mountains out of molehills and create unnecessary dramas which stresses us out. We do this to ourselves, no one does it to us. We create our own mental stress and only we can chose a different way to be. No one can do it for us.
Look, I am no saint when it comes to all this stuff. I too have tried to look around corners and I too have driven myself around the bend! However, I am learning to live in the moment. To just look at the path ahead and leave what is around the corner alone. It make life so much simpler!

No comments:

Post a Comment