Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wednesday Musings - OMG it's HOT again!

I am all over summer. Here in Adelaide it is over 40C again today. This has been the hottest summer we have had for a long time and according to the TV news last night we have had 12 days so far of over 40C - Phew!
OMG it's HOT!


It's enough to make you want to emigrate! But hang on a minute, I have already emigrated. I did that in 1974! Anyhow where would I go? Back to the UK? No thanks, it's too wet there and they are having their wettest winter since the 17oo's. ( I suppose weather records were kept in the eighteenth century. I wonder if the people alive at that time were  as paranoid about the weather as we are?)

The thing about weather is that you can't do anything about it. I have to wonder if we would notice the heat so much if we had not been flooded with media reports as to  how hot it is in Adelaide at the moment.

If no one mentioned that today was going to be 40C plus, would be feeling quite as hot? Hmm.... now there's a thought.

We keep hearing that Global Warming is causing the extreme weather conditions around the planet and that we can expect more weird weather in the future. Oh Goody, I can't wait! 

In the meantime there are some good things about very hot weather. The washing dries almost instantly. Any thick items like quilts and blankets are good to get washed up at this time of year. And I have to say that I am very grateful for my air-conditioner.

It is a good time to stay indoors, write blogs and catch up with your Facebook friends.
A cool view for a hot day. Antarctica from the air.


And Whoohoo; the winter Olympics are now on the telly. I can watch the skiing or skating and pretend that I am cool!  I now have an excuse to sit and do nothing until the weather cools down again.

Hilary Thompson
The Out and About Therapist
Facilitator at Flourishing Relationships Retreats
The Office Wizard



No comments:

Post a Comment