Saturday 23 February 2013

Weekend Musings - Take pride in your achievements

I am feeling rather pleased with myself at the moment. I have completed a number of projects lately, one very large one and some smaller ones.And I am very proud of the results. 

Now this is a turn around for me as I have always had the belief that it was wrong to be proud of my achievements and that they had little value. This is what you call a limiting belief and it has dogged me all my life, making me feel bad about myself. Is this story familiar to you?

To prove that I have changed my beliefs about my self, here are three examples of what I have been doing lately, of which I am feeling proud. 


These booklets can be found at Choralworks Inc.com
1. I have designed some book covers for my friend Val who's  booklets are soon to be published at    Choralworksinc.com I am pleased and proud of how these turned out.







Poster for Choralworks Inc. newsletter
2. I have designed a poster for Choralworks Inc. to be included in their next newsletter. This is another good result and something else for me to be proud of.










3. The largest project I have worked on is co-authoring an eBook with my friend  Fran West.  "Free Internet Marketing for Small Business" has been written to help small business owners advertise their businesses on the Internet at no cost.

 As small business people ourselves, we have had to learn how to market our businesses and we want to share what we have learned with others.
Our Pride and Joy!

Our eBook has turned out really well, we have been given some wonderful testimonials by our original readers. And; our eBook is now published! Hooray!

Our achievement here, is that not only have we written the book, we have created all the graphics including the book cover ourselves; and we have also done all the editing and marketing ourselves. So this is a project that Fran and I are really proud of.

Being proud of who you are and what you do is important for our feelings of self worth. 
We all have valuable gifts and abilities that we can offer and we are all a valuable part of life. 

So if you have doubts about your value and you have some negative beliefs that are holding you back; find a way to let go of the doubts and change your beliefs and you will change your life.


Hilary Thompson
The Out and About Therapist
Facilitator at Flourishing Relationships Retreats



No comments:

Post a Comment